November 20, 2009

Sixty-seven percent!

Hooray for making it two thirds of the way through NaBloPoMo! Very exciting. Anyway.

Today we're at Gram's house, and staying the night. Tomorrow is our big family Thanksgiving dinner. It's a really, REALLY big family, and so many people had other plans last year that they decided to have the family dinner the weekend before. And everybody liked it enough that they decided to do it again this year. So we came across the lake early(ish) this morning, to cook and hang out.

I made two batches of sausage swirls, which are one of my favorite foods in the universe. They're so yummy. I don't have a recipe I can link to, because it's one of those family recipes that's written on index cards or in those cookbooks where you write in your own recipe. I have no idea where it originally came from. Maybe one of those Southern Living cookbooks. But anyway, it's just a layer of dough and a layer of Jimmy Dean sausage (one regular, one hot) rolled out flat, and you roll them up like a jelly roll, then slice and bake. Right now they're cooling in the fridge, and I'll slice and bake tomorrow.

Otherwise, we're mostly just hanging out. We went to the grocery, where Boy-Creature got his contribution to the dinner (four cans of jellied cranberry sauce. He will also do his slicing tomorrow), and now we're mostly just hanging out. We watched "The Office" and "30 Rock" and I knit, and now I guess I'll go back to the kitchen and see if I can help with anything.

No comments: