November 27, 2009

The Tour de Grass, 2009

It has been a long, fun day. The whole reason we're in Austin is for the Boy-Creature Thanksgiving tradition, the Tour de Grass. His uncle and his friends started playing back when they were in college about twenty-four years ago, and they all get together again every year.

The kids croquet tournament started at about ten this morning, and then the adults started a couple of hours later. We've been playing ever since, and the game is still going on as I type this. It's down to sixth people, and I just got knocked out, so I came in seventh.

So I'm out, and only lasted about halfway, but the good news is that I don't have to stand out in the cold anymore. It gets awfully hard to see those balls in the dark, too. I've got the feeling back in my fingers, and my toes are getting there. So all in all, a good day.

No comments: