April 11, 2011

Yeah, I know, it's still not Sunday.

Oy. It has been a crazy couple of weeks. But the good news is that I actually got a good bit of reading done.

I finished the Michael Chabon, and it was very good. Plus, I was right about who the main character was. He never says in the book, but there are some pretty clear clues, and I was right! I love being right. But that aside, it was a good book. Which is why I'm looking forward to reading the other Chabon I bought recently, even if that one isn't fiction.

So last weekend we were in Taos, and there's a little, independent bookstore there that I love. Partly because it's a really good store, and partly because they keep cats there. I love a bookstore with cats. So, because I like to support little, independent bookstores that I love, I bought yet another book. It's called Light Boxes, written by Shane Jones. And it was strange, and wonderful, and I liked it a lot. I love strange books. It was like an Aimee Bender short story, but novella-length.

And otherwise, I'm still working my way through the Bryson. Last night, I read myself to sleep to the tune of all the microbes and viruses that should have killed us all by now. It's amazing I didn't have scary dreams. But I just had weird ones. Like usual.

No comments: