July 2, 2011

Sheepishly slinking back into the room

Let me just start by saying that I’m completely aware that it has (as of today) been two months since I posted. I was aware of that even before my mom called me and subtly pointed it out. I know. Sorry. There’s been some stuff going on. Namely, the Boy Creature is no more. He’s not dead or anything- he still exists. But he’s no longer my Boy Creature, just an untethered one out there in the world now, and I shall go on existing ridiculously on my own, and that’s come with some adjustments that I’ve been busy adjusting to instead of blogging.

So far, I actually kinda like it, this living alone thing.

I’m getting better and better at keeping myself busy, and I’ve seriously been enjoying cooking for myself. It’s nice when all the healthy fruits and vegetables you buy for yourself don’t immediately get eaten. Plus, now I can buy the frozen pizza with the kind of crust I love that he didn’t like.

I have been thinking a lot about all this blogging, while not blogging. I think that’s part of why I waited so long to post again. I thought of so much stuff to blog about that I didn’t know where to start. The booklove that’s gone on in the past two months – that alone will make for quite a post. I might have to break that up into a few posts. There’s been that much of it.

So long story short, I guess, I’m not gone. I haven’t abandoned you. There might even be more and more of this. I certainly hope so.

No comments: