January 8, 2009

Life's a tradeoff

Tonight I made the delightful mistake of watching a lovely French movie. I hadn't planned on it yet, but after yogilates last night, I'm sore in all sorts of weird places. So I skipped yoga tonight, in order to give my poor muscles half a fighting chance. I plan to take a nice, hot bubble bath, too.

The only problem with watching this movie is that now it feels like it's a Friday night. And in a week that's already felt like it's about a month long, I already know it will feel so monstrously unfair tomorrow morning when the alarm clock goes off again. C'est la vie.

Oddly enough, it's a life I'm settling into, in a sense. Boss-lady offered me the option again of being hired by them, instead of staying a temp. Benefits, PTO, and whatnot. I turned them down two months ago, the first time they offered. But this time, I think I'm going to take them up on it. Because the job that I hate is doing a good job of paying for the things that I love. I bought more yarn today, for a pattern in the knitting book I bought last Sunday. Par example. It'll pay for more yoga, too, and the circus classes I'm still flirting with.

In the meantime, I'll just keep downloading more podcasts to distract me through the workday. Then I can collapse into my weekend, finally.

The movie was Paris, Je T'aime, by the way. And the title reflects my feelings rather accurately.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bonjour kitten.

Si tu aimes Paris...

I thought you might like to know about www.francophilia.com, the social network for francophiles.

You can also follow us on Twitter for daily French culture bites and francophile treats! @francophilia

Merci et à bientôt.

Pamela Poole (LaGoulue)
Founder

Kat said...

Merci! I'll have to check it out.