August 18, 2009

Hypocrisy! I has it!

Today on the way home from work, I saw a banner for one of those seasonal stores that are only open for Halloween, and I thought, "Ugh! August is barely half over, that's stupid. Which means the Christmas stuff should start up in about two weeks, which is even worse."

And then I came home to find my 2-disc special edition soundtrack from The Nightmare Before Christmas came from Amazon today! Which I bought partly because I love, love, looooooooove that movie, and partly because I'm crazy about Fiona Apple's cover of "Sally's Song." So I'm currently listening to "What's This?" and I have stopped scoffing at Halloween in August.

I had a dream once about being in rehearsals for a ballet of The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I woke up thinking how amazing that would be. All black and white tutus and creepy sets and makeup. In the back of my mind, I still want to start choreographing.

1 comment:

stephanie dosen said...

AH!!!!!!!!! nightmare before christmas BALLET!
what a brilliant idea!
i nearly fainted when the movie came
out but the ballet would probably kill me!