August 16, 2009

Maybe I should change it to booklove Sundays

Yesterday morning, I baked yumminess:



And I took a nap, while Boy-Creature watched golf (what better time for a nap?). And then I knitted. And today I knitted. And then I took a break to go to the yarn shop, because the #3 needles were too big, and the #1 needles were too small. I'm the proud new owner of a set of #2 needles. So the socks have been cast on yet again.

Luckily, after I got said needles, I took a break and went to my favorite coffee shop for some passionfruit iced tea and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. It's the edition with Arthur Rackham's beautiful, iconic illustrations. I'm almost up to the croquet game. I must have looked like a crazy person at the coffeehouse, smiling like a loon. I do love that book.

The best part of it is that it's getting me out of the fiction slump I've been in. Thank god.

And now, back to some knitting. This yarn will become socks if it kills me.

No comments: