March 17, 2010

Knitting as fast as my sleepy fingers will go

May I just say what an exciting week it's been, knitting-wise.

And may I also say, I just read that sentence to myself, and realized how insane we knitters must sound to the muggles.

Whatever.

I finished the knitting part of my sweater!


Don't be fooled: those buttons only look like they've been sewn on. I haven't touched it since I bound off the last stitch. I will. Because I really like this sweater, and I really want to wear it. But I haven't got the energy for weaving in ends right now.

And yet, there is lace.


I've started my first lace shawl. I realize, again, that it doesn't look like much yet, but it's coming along nicely, and I'm excited for it to be finished. Which I suspect won't take long. I started that on Monday, and did most of that work in a few hours each day after. This temp job I'm working right now is another one of those that's paying me to sit by the phone, and it's spring break, so it's been incredibly slow. Slower than the day when we had record-breaking snowfall, according to the guy in the cubicle next to me.

So the lace is coming along surprisingly quickly. Incidentally, I'm also two hundred pages into the book I started yesterday morning. I halfway expect to have it finished by the time I do the booklove post this weekend. It's been an interesting week. At least the lace is keeping me awake. Daylight savings sucks.

No comments: