June 3, 2010

I can cook again!

Man, what a week. And there's still one day left. Oy. I'm tired.

But it hasn't been all bad. Actually, it hasn't been bad at all, just busy, and I'm tired, and it came at the end of a crazy busy month.

This is why my plans for the weekend are as such: Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD (thank you, public library!), Chinese food, which I plan to make the Boy Creature go fetch for me, and knitting in my pjs. All weekend. I don't want to leave the house unless it's on fire.

I need a break.

But I made amazing cookies tonight. Remember how I said the oven was broken, and it was slowly killing me, because I just wanted to bake things?

I have a new oven. Mom and Stepmom came, and they got me a replacement oven. And they got themselves (read: Mom got herself) a dishwasher drawer. But I have a brand new, nice, gas range, and I love it. So Stepmom has cooked dinner in it the last two nights, and I made these incredible cookies. Seriously, you need to go make these cookies, right now. Go. I'll wait.

Next up? Madeleines. The pan I ordered came today. I'm excited.

No comments: