August 6, 2010

More cowbell!

So it's the end of week one in Santa Fe. Not that this weekend won't be just as busy. I need to look at apartments, and the Boy Creature seems to think he's taking my car to Albuquerque to go to a barbershop. He's weird like that. Also, I desperately want to go for a hike. It's been too long.

But so far, I like my new job. It's sort of weird timing for me to be starting, because the school is going through all sorts of changes (including changing its name), so there's sort of a weird limbo feeling around the office. But I like it.

My favorite part so far is that when we get a confirmed student, I get to ring a cowbell and change the number on the board.

Today I rang the bell, and one of the enrollment advisors said "More cowbell!" and carried on with a pretty decent Walken impression.

Definitely my favorite part of the job so far.

No comments: