September 3, 2009

Things I Should Be Doing

Things have been marvelously busy lately, which makes me feel like a slacker blogger, as I've been spending so much time doing things. But I realize things aren't going to get any less busy for some time now (if ever), so I would do well to include this as one of the things I am Officially Staying On Top Of.

Aside from work, and the library, and dance classes, and reading enough to stay sane, there's all sorts of additional fun things. For one thing, it's been pretty hot out, which means it's even hotter in our apartment. So I've been spending lots of time in coffeehouses. It also makes library time seem even better. Then there's getting ready to move. I've been making all sorts of lists of things to do and take care of and whatnot. I keep thinking I ought to download Evernote again (I had it on my old laptop). Not only to keep track of all the Important Things To Do, but also because I've had a lot of thoughts about writing lately, both about fictiony-type writing, and blogging-writing. I'm even thinking of doing NaNoWriMo again. But then I remind myself that Evernote would just be another technological distraction, to which I am already prone, and that paper lists work just fine. Plus, I can take them with me, since I'm the last person on the planet without a phone that's good for that kind of stuff. One of these days I'll have to go out and get myself a Blackberry. Joining the 21st century in terms of cell phone perks is becoming imminent.

So it is with all this in mind that I rewrite my resume tonight. The job search is also becoming imminent, and in a much more immediate way. So that'll be fun.

Wish me luck.

No comments: