October 4, 2009

Cette fin de semaine

Still only reading Dawkins. I am very happy that I don't have to go back to work tomorrow, I must say. So it's been a nice, relaxing weekend of repacking things, packing more things, and knitting.

I finished my first sock today. Kitchenering the toe and all. And I cast on for the second one. Progress! I also cast on another project this week. A certain project for a certain Christmas present for a certain Someone-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

The other event of the weekend was that we saw "Coco Before Chanel," which was lovely, and very well done. And it made me want to pick up learning French again. I didn't get very far with it when I took it in college, mostly because I hated the way the teacher taught it. But I've always had it in the back of my mind to try again sometime, and I've been thinking about it more and more lately. So maybe after the move (only a few days now!) will be a good time to start. New town, new language. New-ish, anyway. To both the town and the language.

No comments: