April 17, 2010

A low key Saturday

Last night I went to sleep to the sound of a nice steady, heavy rain, and this morning I've woken up to a gentle downfall. Are you all aware of how much I love rain? I love it thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much. (Now is when you picture me with my arms waaaaaay out, as far as I can stretch them.) Add in a pot of caramel crème brûlée tea, and it's a lovely morning in my book.

I don't have a ton planned for today, but I still suspect it'll be a nice one. Tonight the Boy Creature and I are going out for crawfish with Dad and Stepmom, and Dad's bringing me his old bike, so I can stop feeling guilty for driving the half a mile to work. Yay! Although I suspect I will have to go out tomorrow to buy a helmet and a lock for it. But that's ok. I'm looking forward to being a bicycle girl. I've been reading lots of bike blogs like this one this week.

Other than that, it's just the usual fun around here. Reading, knitting, watching movies. We got La Dolce Vita from the library. I've never seen it, and I've been wanting to for years now. So that will probably happen tonight, maybe after dinner. Speaking of, if you've never tried crawfish, now is the time! They're in season right now. Go out and find yourself a seafood bar or a Razoo's and chow down. They're spicy and delicious and one of my favorite foods in the entire world. Having grown up with a mom from New Orleans means I look forward to them every year. So you should go try them.

Have a good weekend, guys.

No comments: