April 26, 2010

Monday blarg

It's been a tremendously, stupidly long day, and I'm having a really hard time shaking the mood it's left me in. But I still feel like blogging. So here I am.

Allow me to share with you, the high points of my day.

I'm reading The Well of Lost Plots, the third in Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series. They're wonderful. Especially for a reader like me, who simply loves books. Jasper Fforde loves books, and he does it in a marvelously creative, funny, and exciting way. So I'm flying through this book. It's also partly because it's due back at the library tomorrow, and as of this morning, I was only half done. But they're fairly quick reads, even if I am wishing I didn't have to rush. Oh well. Either way, I'm loving it, and reading it for most of my lunch hour today was a big part of what got me through to the end of the day, whereupon I came home, curled up in a chair, and read some more.

Also? I have cookie dough. Chocolate-chunk-loaded cookie dough. Freshly baked, all warm and gooey, with cold milk. So there's that.

Hopefully tomorrow will go a little better.

No comments: